Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

It's interesting that humans keep track of dates and times. For me, everything pretty much happens in the now. Don't get me wrong, I know what "wait" means, but I usually wait in the now, moment by moment!

Humans have names for each minute, day, month and year. Wow. They even have B.C. and A.D.! Now, that fascinates me. How can so many people dismiss the importance and impact of Jesus on the world when all of human history is kept track of by using His life as the peak dividing point? Everything that happened Before Christ is B.C., and A.D. means "In the year of our Lord", translated from Latin.

Cathy reminded me that tonight we are celebrating Jesus' birth in a stable. Wow. A guy born in a stable has all of history ordered around His life, and many people don't want to be "offensive" by saying Merry Christmas? Doesn't everybody live by the same calendar? Doesn't that mean they all can recognize His birth without getting offended? I mean, I've heard He wasn't really born in winter time, but hey, who needs an excuse to party, right? If it was up to me, we'd party all of the time, in the now.

Well, that's my thought for now. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. My niece Beth (a friend of yours) linked me to your blog. I'm hoping she'll start blogging also. I love to blog, but probably need to "theme" up a bit. I love seeing our world through Missy Mutt's eyes. She's got some great insights.

    ReplyDelete