Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas baskets

Today Cathy and Dave and I delivered some Christmas Baskets (why do they call them baskets when they are really a couple of boxes filled with food) to some houses. All of the people had dogs, so why didn't we give them dog food too? The people were really happy to receive the food, but I noticed that Cathy and Dave seemed even more happy to be giving out the food. Hmmm. I guess, if I was sure I had enough food, I might be willing to leave some food in my dish outside so the strays in the neighborhood could have some. Would that make me happy?
Why do some people have so much and some people have so little? I used to live with a dog named Tessa Lou. If there was anything to be eaten, or played with, she would take it, willing to let the rest of us go without. It didn't bother her one bit. I've known many dogs like that. Humans seem to be different, at least the ones I've observed. They even give me food off of their plates, and share sleeping space with me. They take in stray dogs and feed them, bathe them and keep them warm.
But you know, I see human strangers sitting by the road every day and no one picks them up or takes them home and cares for them. I wonder why? I've heard of shelters for humans. Do they euthanize them if they stay there too long? Did those humans get dumped off in the country like I did? I'd really like to find a way to help them like I was helped. I'm going to try to communicate with Cathy and Dave about this. Maybe that way I can be of even more service, since I'm a Service Dog. If you have ideas, send them, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment