Tuesday, January 5, 2010

An Attitude of Gratitude

Sometimes it's good to slow down and just lie in front of the fire place, while Dave and Cathy are reading. It's warm, I have a full tummy, there's water in the water dish and if I need to go out all I have to do is get up and look at the door. It's raining outside, but I'm in where it's dry and warm. God blesses me in so many ways. I live in a wonderful home with people who give me lots of love, hugs, scratches, toys and who will play with me if I show an inclination. Of course, I've trained them right from the beginning! Whenever Cathy or Dave does something for me I try to always give them a small lick on the hand or leg to say 'Thank you'. I know God brought us together when I was struggling to survive on my own, and I thank Him everyday.

I see so many beings rushing through life, always focusing on what they don't have. I feel lucky that I had the experience of being on my own for a while. It makes me focus on the many blessings I have. I find that this attitude of gratitude keeps me feeling happy. After all, being happy or unhappy is a moment by moment decision that each of us makes. Why so many humans choose to be unhappy, when they have so much to be thankful for, is truly a mystery to me.

Well, I'm going to stay in front of the fire until it's time to do some under cover work with the down comforter! Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment